|Wrens Nest Mill
High Street West
|The Globe Public House
144 High Street West
142 High Street West
Built in 1833 by Joseph Wilson, although the first alehouse licence was not granted until 1846 to Joseph Woodcock.
Woodcock Joseph, Globe inn, High street
Slatter’s Directory 1850
TAVERNS & PUBLIC HOUSES.
Globe, Joseph Woodcock, Wren nest
Bridge Thomas, Globe inn, 144 High street west
Morley John, Globe inn, 144 High street west
Globe Inn right with wooden sign between first elevation windows. This picture was taken from onboard a tram, Glossop Tramways operated from 20 August 1903 to 24 December 1927 promoted by the Urban Electric Supply Company Limited.
Number 144 was a property with 9 main rooms occupied by John Morley 56, a Publican, his wife Alice Morley 44, married 3 years with no children. Also at this address was Hannah Oldham 51, a Barmaid.
Morley Alice (Mrs.), Globe hotel, 144 High street west
Morley Alice (Mrs.), Globe hotel, 144 High st. west
The Globe, a Bass public house. Photograph courtesy of Glossop & District Historical Society.
Photograph courtesy of Glossop & District Historical Society.
Google Street View
Shows The Globe Public House
Photo taken in 2014 by Glossop VAH.
Steve @akaCrush on Twitter writes;
Great bohemian atmosphere, good food, all kinds of live music & they brew cracking ales on site - what’s not to like?!