The Glossop VAH Project
 Glossop VAH Project
 Glossop VAH
Talbot Street Fitzalan Street
Victoria Hall & Library
Talbot Street
Swimming Baths
Dinting Road / Howard Park
Adult Education Centre
Fitzalan Street

Arundel Street

Talbot Road

Norfolk Street
Summary
The Public Baths, Howard Park, erected in 1887 by Samuel Wood esq. and Mrs. Wood, of Moorfield House, at a cost of about £15,000, comprise a swimming bath, three private baths for males and a like number for females, and vapour baths: the buildings include a ventilating tower 100 feet high.

 1904 


An photo from ’Glossop - A Sketch From The Earliest Period’ printed and published by Messrs. Jenkinson and Hamnett in 1904.



 1925 
Kelly’s Directory
Public Baths (Silvester Whitehead, manager), Howard park
Wood’s Hospital (George H. Lea (town clerk), sec.; for list of medical staff, see p. 284), Howard park. T N 36



 1941 
Kelly’s Directory
Tilburn Jas. Herbt. metal brkr. Burnside, Dinting rd. & Howard’s pl. T N 132



 2014 


Photo taken in 2014 by Glossop VAH.