|Aspinal Wright Solicitors & Notary
63-65 High Street West
67 High Street West
Post Office Directory
Swain Josiah, brass & iron founder, George street, High st
Wright Thomas, carpenter, George street
George Street and 67 High Street West on the left. This picture was taken from onboard a tram, Glossop Tramways operated from 20 August 1903 to 24 December 1927 promoted by the Urban Electric Supply Company Limited.
The white building in the photo was the Electric Palace showing silent films from 1921 to 1931, the building was demolished in 1958 and is now the site of the new medical centre. The building on the right is posibly the Glove Works.
Ayrton Richard, shopkeeper, 14 George street
Glossop Glove Co. limited, glove manufacturers, George st
Glossop Palace (Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Limited, proprietors), George street T N 114
Porter Alice (Miss), confectioner, 5 George street
Wesleyan & General Assurance Society; district office (Thomas H. Blackman, supt.), 1 George street
Willey John W. O. & Son, cabinet makers, George street
Midland Counties of England Trades Directory
Elliott, J.H. & Son, General dealer, 14 George Street
Glossop Palace, Amusement, George Street
Spencer & Co Ltd, Glove manufacturer, George Street
Singer Sewing Machine Co. Ltd. (Percy Turner, manager), 3 George st
Batten Alice (Mrs.), shopkpr, 14 George st
Brooks Annie (Mrs.), shopkpr. 5 George st
Hadfield Eli, wire mattress mkr. 12 George st
Oldfield Harry, sheet metal worker, 4 George st
Hinchliffe Harold, ladies’ hairdrssr. 7 George st. T N 242
Glossop Glove Co. Ltd. glove mfrs. George st. T N 105
Glossop Official Guide
Clinic & Social Services Centre - George Street Tel. 5611
Clinics throughout the week Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
George Street leading to Chapel Street and George Street continues. Note the sign point to the Clinic. Photograph courtesy of Glossop & District Historical Society.
Photograph courtesy of Glossop & District Historical Society.