The Glossop VAH Project
 Glossop VAH Project
 Glossop VAH
High Street West High Street West
Town Hall
High Street West
Various
1-3 Market Arcade
Market Hall
High Street West
Various
Outdoor Market

Norfolk Square
HPBC
Municipal Building
Summary
These arcade shops are underneath the Town Hall on the left hand side. The Market Arcade leads to the Market Hall.

 1891 
Kelly’s Directory
Consumers’ Tea Co. (Ollerenshaw & Co. proprietors), Town Hall buildings
Hall & Sons, tailors & drapers, Town Hall buildings, High street west



 1899 
Kelly’s Directory
Eversden George, hatter, Town Hall buildings
Hunters The Teamen Limited, grocers, Town Hall bldgs. High street west



 1901 
Census
Town Hall Buildings were occupied but uninhabited.



 1911 


King George V’s coronation was held on 22 June 1911. Photograph courtesy of Glossop Heritage Trust.



 1912 
Kelly’s Directory 1912
Kennington Martha (Mrs.), tobacconist, Town Hall buildings, High street west
Maypole Dairy Co. Limited, dairymen, Town Hall buildings, High street west



 1925 
Kelly’s Directory
Bradbury William, hair dresser, The Arcade
Crisp Brothers, cafe, The Arcade
Moscrop Noah, jeweller, The Arcade



 1941 
Kelly’s Directory
Moss Harry, fruitr. The Arcade
Bradbury Wm. hairdrssr. The Arcade
Elkan A. (Mrs.), mfng. optician, Arcade



 1950 


Kennington? Photograph courtesy of Glossop Heritage Trust.



 2013 
Number 1 (left hand side closest to the Market Hall) is Arturo’s Hairdressers.
Number 2 is Niche Markit.
Number 3 (left hand side closest to High Street West) is A&C Shoes.



 2014 


Photo taken in 2014 by Glossop VAH.